We’re really looking forward to our 24 hour walkathon which is now only three more days away, starting at 5pm this Friday and finishing 24 hours later! This is our biggest fundraiser in 2 years and we appreciate everyone's support. All monies raised will go towards the completion of the development on the top end of our grounds inc. floodlights, dressing rooms, toilets and community walkway.
Just a couple of important points to note
1. Our schedule – your team coach(es) will have been in touch with you re when you are walking but the overall schedule is available below. If you are unable to make the time allocated to your team feel free to join another time slot. If siblings/ grandparents or other family want to come along too, that’s ok – the more the merrier!
2. Please arrive 15 minutes before you are due to walk, check in at registration and make sure you get in your group photo!! Please tag Clane GAA if you add any photos to social media and use the hash tag # clanegaawalkathon
3. Coaches & stewards will guide you around the route – please look out for the Clane GAA Steward(s) in hi-vis vests!
4. Sponsorship money – we’re really appreciative of all monies raised. In terms of getting sponsorship cards and money back to us there are a few ways to do this
a. We will be available in the clubhouse on Thursday from 6-7pm to collect cards and money from those who cannot make it on Friday/Saturday or if you would like to submit your card earlier.
b. Cards and money can be dropped to the registration desk on the days of walking up to 9pm on Friday or after 8am on Saturday. We will not be collecting money outside of these times
c. Alternatively if you would prefer to transfer sponsorship money to us online you can us our idonate link
d. For anyone who didn’t receive a card or for last minute walkers we will have collection buckets around the club
5. There will be a food truck at the club selling tea, coffee and burgers etc. on Friday from 4pm – 10pm and again from 8am with breakfast rolls etc. for the early risers!
6. Our U15 & U16 Camogie teams will close out the walkathon setting off at 4pm on Saturday but again all feel free to join them in the final laps
7. There will be a social night in the club on Saturday night to mark the end of the 24 hr walkathon with a superb band ‘party at the back’ playing from 10pm. We hope to see you there.
Special thanks to Popup Races for the loan of their Start/Finish equipment.
If you didn't get a chance to sponsor one of our players or teams you can always donate online to our iDonate page; visit https://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/11434865_clane-gaa-walkathon.html
The link is also available in our Bio on Instagram and on our liinks.co page
You can also point the camera of your phone at the QR code on the poster above, open the link and select the iDonate Walkathon option from the menu.