5 teams have been confirmed for this Saturday's 2021 John Reidy Memorial - Senior Hurling Tournament. Unfortunately due to fixture clashes Camross, Lucan Sarsfields and Burgess have had to withdraw leaving us with 5 teams competing; Clane GAA as host club plus Naomh Olaf (Dublin), Kilcormac/Killoughey (Offaly), Raharney (Westmeath) and Buffers Alley (Wexford).
It all kicks off at 10.30am on Saturday morning with the cup and shield finals taking place at 3.55pm in the afternoon. The finals will be followed by the trophy presentation for shield and cup winners along with the ‘John Reidy Memorial player of the tournament’ awards sponsored by Larry Harney Bog Oak .
The tournament format is outlined below.
- 1 group of 5 teams
- Each team plays 4 group matches
- Each game is 15 minutes per half
- Teams awarded 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw
Teams ranked on the following criteria:
- Teams ranked on points won
- In the event of teams finishing level on points, the winner of the head to head will be used to determine the ranking
- If this match ended in a tie then scoring difference will be used
- If still a tie team with most points scored
- If still a tie then toss of coin will be used
1st and 2nd placed teams progress to the cup final
3rd and 4th placed teams progress to the shield final
If the final or shield final finishes in a draw, extra time will be used to determine the winner (5 minutes per half)
If the match remains a draw after extra time, penalties will then be used to determine the winner.
We will continue the build up to the tournament with a profile of each team over the next few days - keep an eye on our web site at clanegaa.ie or download our mobile app ClubZap. You can also follow us on Twitter @ClaneGaa, Facebook @ClaneGaa and Instagram @clanegaaclub or follow the hash tag #JohnReidyHurling across your favourite social media