It's great to see teams back training and playing matches and we thank everyone for their help, support and patience while we implement a safe Return to Play for all.
Below are just a few important reminders for everyone.
ClubZap - our official Clane Gaa club app
All coaches are now using Clubzap chat for team communications – WhatsApp is not GDPR compliant, is not approved by the GAA and therefore can no longer be used.
- Coaches will be able to post messages for teams in general or in relation to matches and training so please check in regularly
- Coaches will create a specific invitation to training or matches and ask for you to confirm whether or not your child is going to attend.
- Just below the Yes/No option on the invite, there is a link to complete the health questionnaire – this must be completed for every training session or match. Further information available here.
- It is important that you confirm your child’s attendance at training / matches in advance and complete the health questionnaire.
- The Covid Supervisor for your team will be monitoring these but if either is not complete your child will not be able to train or play until they are complete.
- The Covid Supervisor records on Clubzap players who have attended training / matches. This gives us a complete record in case we require it should someone on the team become ill.
To install ClubZap - simply visit https://clubzap.com/download from your phone and register with Clane Gaa to keep up to date on all the latest club news, fixture and results.
COMING TO TRAINING
- Most importantly – if your child is in any way sick, or has been in touch with anyone unwell or showing symptoms consistent with Covid-19 – PLEASE DO NOT BRING THEM TO THE CLUB FOR TRAINING OR MATCHES
- Our first priority is for the well-being of all our players, coaches and the wider community – we all have our part to play in this!
- Remind your child ...
o Not to shake hands, give high fives or spit
o Wash hands and use hand sanitiser prior to and post going to the toilet
o Not to share water bottles
- Before you leave the house
o Make sure you have accepted the coaches training / match invite on Clubzap and filled in the health questionnaire
o Check your child’s temperature – if it is over 37.5 then please remain at home
o Ask your child to wash their hands
o Ensure your child arrives togged out and ready to go – dressing rooms will not be available for a while although there will be access to toilets
o Ensure your child has all the equipment they need – mouthguard, Hurley, helmet etc
o Ensure your child has their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it
o Travel only with your own children / family unit to training
o Do not bring your child to training if they or anyone in your household is unwell or showing symptoms consistent with Covid-19
- When you arrive at the club
o Drop your child at the pitch the coach has advised.
o Direct your child to the Covid Supervisor in the green hi vis before they go onto the pitch
o The Covid Supervisor will direct your child to sanitise their hands before and after training
- After Training
o Player should sanitise their hands as they leave the pitch
o Players must leave immediately after training and return home with members from their own house on
o Players should wash their hands when they arrive home
o Players should ensure they take all their equipment home with them and that it is cleaned prior to next training session
- If your child becomes ill while at training
o If at any stage during a club activity or camp your child displays signs or symptoms of Covid 19 the Team Covid Supervisor or Camp Coordinator will contact you
o Your child, accompanied by the Team Covid Supervisor and another adult will be accompanied to a medical / isolation room
o You should collect your child as soon as possible and consult your GP re your child’s symptoms
o All persons who have been in close contact will be advised to restrict their movements for 14 days or until a negative test result comes back
There is a lot of good information on https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19. Please talk to your child about awareness of the signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and of the things we can do to prevent the spread (hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, physical distancing etc.)
Have you downloaded the Irish COVID Tracker app yet? Play your part in a safe return to play for all - visit https://covidtracker.gov.ie/ to download and install.