Our Senior Girls were pitted against Johnstownbridge in the semi finals of the championship and were overcome by the power of the current All Ireland Club champions. It was a tough day in the office for the girls and moments such as these can be character building but we are all enormously proud of this bunch of girls and know that there is more to come from them, as we build on our Senior League title win, in what will be a bright future.
A big thank you to the Management team of Seanie Gordon, Karen Christian, Tony O’Grady and Mick Glynn and to the helping hands of Paddy McKenna and Phil Shanahan who gave generously of their time and advice.
More importantly to the squad of girls who put in the effort, left everything on the pitch and were a pleasure to work with; you have our deepest gratitude and appreciation.
To Johnstownbridge and Celbridge, who now contest the final on Sunday in Clane at 1545, we at Clane Camogie wish you both all the best in your endeavours.
Every cloud has a silver lining and once again the Junior girls delivered, just about, against a brave Celbridge display. Our girls had to dig deep and be as resilient as ever to pull this out of the bag with a one point victory over Celbridge.
The girls will now contest the Junior A Final in Clane at 1220 on Sunday against Kilcock who overcame Nurney. Please get out and support these girls. They have worked hard and unbeaten this year in the Championship as they go for their second Junior championship title in a row.
Best of luck to the Juniors and their management of Mick Glynn and Jimmy Byrne.
- Mayo's Sarah Tierney keen to make amendsMayo lady footballer, Sarah Tierney, talks to GAA.ie
- Darran O'Sullivan hoping a rest will do him goodKerry footballer, Darran O'Sullivan, talks to GAA.ie
- King Con reflects on regal yearDublin footballer, Con O'Callaghan, talks to GAA.ie
- Nerveless Moloney ready to seize the dayTipperary ladies football star, Aishling Moloney, talks to GAA.ie
- Ciaran Kilkenny: 'I did my role for the team'Dublin footballer Ciaran Kilkenny talks to GAA.ie.
- Watching All-Ireland Final was a 'sickening' experience for Paul GeaneyKerry footballer, Paul Geaney, talks to GAA.ie
- Geaney expects Clifford to join Kerry seniors in 2018Kerry footballer Paul Geaney talks to GAA.ie
- PwC 2017 Football All-Stars nominations announcedThe 45 PwC 2017 Football All-Star nominees have been selected.
- Kevin Moran hopes Derek McGrath stays on as Deise managerWaterford hurler, Kevin Moran, talks to GAA.ie
- Mayo's Chris Barrett voted GAA.ie Footballer of the WeekMayo defender Chris Barrett topped the public vote ahead of Dublin duo James McCarthy and Dean Rock
- David Burke says League lessons will help Galway in 2018Galway hurling captain, David Burke, talks to GAA.ie
- PwC Hurling All-Stars nominations announcedThe 45 best hurlers of the 2017 season have been announced.
- GAANOW Hurling Round-Up: September 16GAANOW Hurling Round-Up: September 16
- Adare v Doon Full-TimeAdare v Doon Full-Time
- Darragh Stapleton GoalDarragh Stapleton Goal
- Bryan Curtin SaveBryan Curtin Save
- Adare v Doon Half-TimeAdare v Doon Half-Time
- Dean Coleman GoalDean Coleman Goal
- Ballybrown v Patrickswell Full-TimeBallybrown v Patrickswell Full-Time
- Mark Sheehan GoalMark Sheehan Goal
- Starting Line Ups Confirmed for 2017 TG4 All Ireland Finals September 21, 2017The TG4 All Ireland Finals take place this Sunday at Croke Park when Derry play Fermanagh in the TG4 Junior Final at 11:45am, this will be followed by Tipperary v Tyrone in the TG4 Intermediate Final at 1:45pm and the TG4 Senior All Ireland Final will throw in at 4:00pm when Mayo return to the […]dkinnevey
- Juliet Murphy to Host Legends Tour September 15, 2017We are delighted that the latest Bord Gáis Energy Legends Tour of Croke Park will feature the great Juliet Murphy. Juliet, who will be remembered as one of the best ever midfielders to play the game as well as being one of the greatest leaders ever to play ladies football will host the tour and […]dkinnevey
- Croke Park Parking & Security Info September 14, 2017As the TG4 All Ireland Final comes even closer here is some essential information that you will need coming up to the big day! Car Parking Information Clonliffe College will be available for parking from 8.30am on Sunday morning. Access is via Drumcondra Road only. Entry to the car park is €10 per car and […]dkinnevey
- Entries Close for Lidl National G4M&O Blitz September 14, 2017We are delighted to announce that the application process for the Lidl National Gaelic4Mothers&Others Blitz Day in October is now closed as we are fully subscribed. Clubs may forward their applications to get their entry on a waiting list. The interest in this blitz demonstrates the enthusiasm for the day and we really look forward […]lynsavage
- Get on Your Bike To Croke Park!!! September 8, 2017The largest female sporting event of the year takes place at Croke Park on September 24th when the TG4 Ladies All Ireland Football Finals take place. On the same day the 3rd annual Great Dublin Bike Ride takes place around Dublin ending in Smithfield, just a stones throw from the TG4 All Ireland Finals. This […]dkinnevey
- TG4 All Ireland Final Referees Confirmed September 8, 2017The referees for the 2017 TG4 All Ireland Finals have been named. Kerry native Seamus Mulvihill will take charge of his first TG4 Senior All Ireland Final between Dublin and Mayo on September 24th in Croke Park at 4pm. Seamus has over 15 years of experience and will be refereeing for the second time in […]dkinnevey
- LGFA announce O.R.S as Official Hydration Partner September 5, 2017The Ladies Gaelic Football Association have today announced O.R.S as their Official Hydration Partner. The exciting new partnership will see the O.R.S brand featured at the TG4 All Ireland Finals and their Hydration products available to all LGFA adult intercounty players. O.R.S is already the number 1 hydration choice of many elite athletes and they […]dkinnevey
- Invitation to Tender for Government Grant Scheme Evaluation September 4, 2017Evaluation of Government Grant Support Scheme to Inter County Camogie and Ladies Football Players The Ladies Gaelic Football Association, the Camogie Association and the WGPA invite tenders to undertake an independent and objective evaluation of the two-year Government Grant Support Scheme to inter county Camogie and Ladies Football Players The Support Scheme involves […]lynsavage
- Browne Claims Broken Hearts Drove Mayo Into Final September 4, 2017TG4 All-Ireland Ladies SFC semi-final Mayo 3-11 Cork 0-18 By Jackie Cahill at Kingspan Breffni Park, Cavan CORA Staunton’s dreams of a glorious inter-county swansong are very much alive after her 1-9 haul helped to sink Cork in Saturday’s TG4 All-Ireland ladies senior football championship semi-final at Kingspan Breffni Park in Cavan. In […]lynsavage
- Moane Hails Massive Effort from Tyrone September 4, 2017TG4 All-Ireland Ladies IFC semi-final Tyrone 1-16 Sligo 0-11 By Jackie Cahill at Kingspan Breffni Park, Cavan TYRONE manager Gerry Moane hailed a “massive effort” from his charges as they booked a TG4 All-Ireland ladies intermediate final clash with Tipperary on September 24. The Red Hands were too good for Sligo at […]lynsavage
- #GAAyouth Forum 2017 September 22, 2017#GAAyouth Forum 2017 – Saturday October 28th Are you a Gaelic Games player aged 12 – 21 years old? Would you like to improve your performance as a player? Would you like to learn how to balance the demands of study
- Details confirmed for Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate Championship Final Replay September 14, 2017The venue and throw-in time for the Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate Championship Final Replay have been confirmed as follows: Sunday October 1st Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate Championship Final
- Action Packed Camogie All Ireland Weekend September 13, 2017Camogie Association President Catherine Neary & Dublin Camogie Captain Eve O'Brien present the U14 Division 1 trophy to Kilkenny Captain. Action Packed Camogie All Ireland Weekend The Camogie All Ireland
- Winner all White for Cork in dramatic finish September 11, 2017By Daragh Ó Conchúir at Croke Park Cork 0-10 Kilkenny 0-9 CORK reserved their best performance of the past 12 months to record an extraordinary victory over champions Kilkenny and move past Dublin on
- Cork and Meath must do it all over again September 10, 2017By Daragh Ó Conchúir at Croke Park Cork 1-9 Meath 1-9 CORK and Meath will have to do it all over again on October 1 as 63 minutes of play were unable to separate them in the Liberty Insurance All-Ire
- Result: Westmeath are Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Premier Junior Champions September 10, 2017Liberty Insurance Alll-Ireland Premier Junior Championship Final Dublin 1-06 Westmeath 1-10 Dublin Scorers: A.Bolger 1-04, R.Baker 1-02 Westmeath Scorers: D.Loughlin 1-04, S.McGrath 0-02, H.Core 0-02, P.Greville 0-01, A.Higgins 0-01
- Westmeath hang tough to claim first title September 10, 2017By Daragh Ó Conchúir at Croke Park Westmeath 1-10 Dublin 1-6 WESTMEATH made their first visit to Croke Park one to remember as they claimed their maiden Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Premier Junior t
- RESULT: Cork are Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Senior Champions September 10, 2017Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Senior Championship Final Cork 0-10 Kilkenny 0-09 Cork Scorers: A.O'Connor 0-02, O.Cronin 0-03, O.Cotter 0-02, K.Mackey 0-01, G.O'Connor 0-01, J.White 0-01 Kilkenny Scorers: M.Farrell 0-02, K.Power
- RESULT: Cork and Meath to replay Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate All-Ireland Final September 10, 2017Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate Championship Final Cork 1-09 Meath 1-09 Cork Scorers: K.McCarthy 0-03, F.Neville 0-01, R.O'Shea 0-03, L.Collins 0-01, C.Sugrue 0-01, K.Hickey 1-00 Meath Scorers:A.Gaffney 0-01, K.Troy 1-00
- Ticketing Information - Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Championship Finals September 9, 20172017 Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Championship Finals Ticket Prices & Information Croke Park, Sunday September 10th Tickets will be available to purchase on matchday from the stadium at the Ticket Office at Gill's Corne
- Waterford IT Announce Star-Studded Managerial Team Ahead Of Fitzgibbon Cup September 21, 2017Ahead of the new Fitzgibbon Cup season, Waterford IT have confirmed their management team – and it is packed full of household names. It was confirmed this Thursday that Deise legends Ken McGrath and Tony Browne would be involved in the management team in the third-level competition. Current Wexford coach and former Waterford selector Paraic […]Joel Slattery
- Donegal Set To Confirm New Senior Football Manager Tomorrow September 21, 2017Donegal have been on the lookout for a new manager in recent weeks, after the departure of Rory Gallagher. The Ulster outfit endured a hugely underwhelming 2017 campaign, suffering heavy defeats to Tyrone and Galway. However, there is a hope that they can turn things around in the coming years, as their U-21 side claimed the […]Brian Barry
- Opinion: Waterford Fixture Mess Could Have Easily Been Avoided September 21, 2017With the Waterford SFC champions not entering the Munster Championship, where were the Club Players Association in all this?Joel Slattery
- Cork Hurling Selector Leaves Rebel Camp Due To Work Commitments September 21, 2017Cork hurling had a remarkable year in 2017. The Rebels bounced back to win the most unlikely of Munster titles at senior, before ultimately losing to Waterford in the All-Ireland semi-final. Meanwhile, their minors also claimed provincial honours, as the U-17 side won the inaugural All-Ireland title at the grade. All in all, things are […]Brian Barry
- Longford GAA Blocked From Developing Stadium Unless Some Insane Demands Are Met September 21, 2017Longford GAA are currently planning some major renovation works at Pearse Park as they look to upgrade the county ground. The Leinster county are eager to get the green light to bring the ground to the next level, but they have hit a speedbump in the form of complaints to the project. According to a […]Brian Barry
- Four Players Have Been Nominated For Footballer Of The Year September 21, 2017All-Ireland finalists Dublin and Mayo dominate both the Footballer of the Year and All-Star nominees lists.Simon O'Keeffe
- Watch: Former All-Star Hurler Spends His Time Showing Hurling To Foreigners In Phoenix Park September 20, 2017Hurling is one of the country's greatest secrets, as our oldest sport is a treasured game. It comes as part of our national obligation to spread the gospel...Brian Barry
- Watch: Extraordinary Footage Emerges Of Lee Keegan Flinging GPS Tracker Vs Dublin September 20, 2017Intriguing fan footage has emerged of Dean Rock’s All-Ireland winning point vs Mayo… In the dying moments of Sunday’s enthralling All-Ireland final, Dublin were awarded with a reasonably straight forward free and Dean Rock stepped up. Photos after the final suggested that something had been flung at the Dubliner to put him off as he […]John Murphy
- Blow For Kilkenny As Key Pair Set To Miss National League September 20, 2017Kilkenny were dealt an early blow to their preparations for 2018 with the announcement that they will be without two of their main men for the National League.Joel Slattery
- The 2017 All-Star & Hurler Of The Year Nominees Have Just Been Announced September 19, 2017There has been one glaring omission as PwC has announced the All-Star and hurler of the year nominees. After 29 years of waiting, Galway brought home the Liam McCarthy after a tight win over Waterford earlier this month. The victory has deservedly led to 14 nominations in total for Micheál Donoghue’s men. However, there will surely be […]John Murphy
- Galway SHC in disarrayThe Galway SHC could be put on hold for some time as Turloughmore are appealing the Galway CCC's decision to deduct them two points for allegedly fielding an ineligible player.
- 'From what I'm hearing, it's Kerry, Kerry, Kerry with Clifford'Darran O'Sullivan is confident that David Clifford won't be lost to the AFL.
- GAA to launch Fun and Run ProgrammeAs part of the GAA's contribution to culture night, a special event will take place tomorrow evening (Friday) at Trinity College Cricket Grounds in Dublin at 6pm to launch plans to run a nationwide GAA Fun & Run Programme.
- O'Callaghan couldn't watch Rock's late winnerCon O'Callaghan has admitted he couldn't watch as Dean Rock stepped up to kick his injury-time winning free in last Sunday's All-Ireland football final.
- Hegarty bidding to reach 85th appearance landmarkFormer Donegal footballer Michael Hegarty is looking to reach his 85th championship appearance for his club Kilcar this weekend.
- Video: Captain's call ahead of Sunday's Ladies finalMeet the captains ahead of Sunday's TG4 All Ireland Senior Final in Croke Park. Sarah Tierney (Mayo) reckons that Sinead Aherne's Dublin are 'hot favourites' to finally land the trophy after failed attempts in the last three deciders.
- O'Sullivan still sore over 'joke' black cardDarran O'Sullivan has revealed his frustration at receiving a controversial black card just nine minutes after coming on as a substitute in Kerry's All-Ireland football semi-final replay defeat to Mayo last month.
- An Pháirc - Playground by the Lee documentary launchedTG4's documentary An Pháirc was launched in Páirc Uí Chaoimh this evening. The documentary gives an inside view into the rebuilding of Páirc Uí Chaoimh. It will air on TG4 at 9:30pm, Wednesday 27 September.
- Brazen Mayo pair dressed as stewards got into All-Ireland final without ticketsTwo Leaving Cert students from Mayo managed to get into last Sunday's All-Ireland football final without tickets.
- Clare to oppose format changeClare are to vote against the Central Council motion which has proposed to change the current format of the All-Ireland senior hurling championship.