Our Senior Girls were pitted against Johnstownbridge in the semi finals of the championship and were overcome by the power of the current All Ireland Club champions. It was a tough day in the office for the girls and moments such as these can be character building but we are all enormously proud of this bunch of girls and know that there is more to come from them, as we build on our Senior League title win, in what will be a bright future.
A big thank you to the Management team of Seanie Gordon, Karen Christian, Tony O’Grady and Mick Glynn and to the helping hands of Paddy McKenna and Phil Shanahan who gave generously of their time and advice.
More importantly to the squad of girls who put in the effort, left everything on the pitch and were a pleasure to work with; you have our deepest gratitude and appreciation.
To Johnstownbridge and Celbridge, who now contest the final on Sunday in Clane at 1545, we at Clane Camogie wish you both all the best in your endeavours.
Every cloud has a silver lining and once again the Junior girls delivered, just about, against a brave Celbridge display. Our girls had to dig deep and be as resilient as ever to pull this out of the bag with a one point victory over Celbridge.
The girls will now contest the Junior A Final in Clane at 1220 on Sunday against Kilcock who overcame Nurney. Please get out and support these girls. They have worked hard and unbeaten this year in the Championship as they go for their second Junior championship title in a row.
Best of luck to the Juniors and their management of Mick Glynn and Jimmy Byrne.
- The Slaughtneil fairytale continuesSlaughtneil GAA Club chairman, Sean McGuigan, talks to GAA.ie
- Roscommon Gaels on the comeback trailRoscommon Gaels manager Liam McNeill talks to GAA.ie.
- GAANOW Football Round-Up: October 14-15GAANOW Football Round-Up: October 14-15
- Kilcoo v Slaughtneil Full-TimeKilcoo v Slaughtneil Full-Time
- Club Football round-upA round-up of Sunday's Gaelic Football action.
- Nemo Rangers v St. Finbarrs Full-TimeNemo Rangers v St. Finbarrs Full-Time
- Stephen Sherlock Equalising PointStephen Sherlock Equalising Point
- Colin Lyons PointColin Lyons Point
- Nemo Rangers v St. Finbarrs Half-TimeNemo Rangers v St. Finbarrs Half-Time
- Paddy Gumley Second PointPaddy Gumley Second Point
- Michael Cahill to hurl on for Tipp in 2018Tipperary hurler, Michael Cahill, talks to GAA.ie
- Pat Gilroy: 'Hopefully we can move the thing on'Dublin hurling manager, Pat Gilroy, talks to GAA.ie
- AIG Fenway Hurling Classic and Irish FestivalAIG Fenway Hurling Classic to take place on November 19.
- GAANOW Hurling Round-Up: October 15GAANOW Hurling Round-Up: October 15
- Clooney/Quinn v SixmilebridgeClooney/Quinn v Sixmilebridge
- County Hurling Finals round-upA round-up of Sunday's Club Hurling action.
- Kilmallock v Na Piarsaigh Full-TimeKilmallock v Na Piarsaigh Full-Time
- Na Piarsaigh: Limerick Senior Hurling ChampionsNa Piarsaigh: Limerick Senior Hurling Champions
- Graeme Mulcahy GoalGraeme Mulcahy Goal
- Jake Mulcahy GoalJake Mulcahy Goal
- Tipperary Weekly Notes October 18, 2017Munster Ladies Football Club Championship Senior B Championship Final Best wishes to Cahir who will play Ballymacarbry (Waterford) in the Munster Senior B Club Championship Final next weekend at a venue and time to be confirmed. Check the Tipp Ladies Football web site for details, www.tipperaryladiesfootball.ie Intermediate Championship Quarter Final Congratulations to Clonmel Commercials who […]lynsavage
- A Spectactular Lidl National Gaelic4Mothers&Others Blitz Day October 16, 2017On Saturday 14th October we held yet another hugely successful Lidl National Gaelic4Mothers&Others Blitz Day. This event is unique in every way and brings together women from all corners of Ireland to a celebration of fun, recreational ladies football. This year the event was once again fully subscribed with a large number of teams on […]lynsavage
- Peil Autumn Edition Out Now October 13, 2017The Autumn Edition of Peil Magazine is available to download now totally free of charge. This bumper edition is full of fantastic pictures, match reports and news if course from our record breaking TG4 All Ireland Finals. We have some great interviews including fascinating insights with All Ireland Winners, Dublin’s Rachel Roddy and Tipperary’s Aishling […]lynsavage
- This Week’s HEC Fixtures October 13, 2017Plenty of activity once more for the HEC and please see fixtures and results below: This week’s Fixtureslynsavage
- Lidl National G4M&O Blitz Day this Saturday October 13, 2017The Lidl National Gaelic4Mothers &Others Blitz Day has become one of the most anticipated days of the year and it will take place tomorrow 14thOctober in NaomhMearnog GAA Club, Portmarnock, and St Sylvester’s GAA Club, Malahide with over 2,000 women taking part. The Blitz Day will commence at 12.00 p.m. and all Teams will be requested to register from 10.45 a.m. The Blitz […]lynsavage
- Mayo Seek New Senior County Manager October 12, 2017The Mayo LGFA County Board are seeking applications from suitable candidates for the following Senior County Management position: The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes: A proven track record in management of club and/or County team Suitable player management and organisational skills An ability to demonstrate / organise a high standard of […]lynsavage
- Tyrone’s Lynch Wins Ulster GAA Writer’s Award October 11, 2017When a player from a losing team wins a Monthly Merit Award they must have done something special to gain the honour and so it is with the winner of our Quinn Building Products honour for September 2017. Tyrone was unfortunate to lose the All-Ireland Ladies’ Intermediate Football Championship final to Tipperary, at Croke Park, […]lynsavage
- Tipperary Weekly Notes October 11, 2017Munster Ladies Football Club Championship Senior B Semi Final On Saturday, September 30th Cahir overcame Brian Borus in the County Tipperary Senior Final and lined out on Sunday last against Southern Gaels (Kerry) in the Munster Senior B Semi Final. Cahir started well and went in at half time two points the better but a […]lynsavage
- Development Support Administrator Position Available October 9, 2017The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (Association), founded in 1974 has in Ireland over 182,000 registered members. The game is played in countries across the world. Five Provincial Councils covering Ireland and Britain are responsible for running championships and competitions in their provinces. To continue its development as one of the largest, fastest growing, active […]lynsavage
- Roscommon News of The Week October 9, 2017Connacht Campaigns in full flow: Pride of place this week goes to St mary’s of Tulsk who continued their march on in the Connacht junior championship whe the came from behind to record an impressive 5-16 to 3-11 win over Claremorris of Mayo in the semi-final on Saturday last in Ballinlough. A storming second […]lynsavage
- Our 9 nominees for the Full-Back Line All-Stars Awards October 17, 2017With nine players nominated for the three Full-Back Line defensive positions we take a closer look at the players in contention for an All-Stars award, sponsored by Liberty Insurance. Máire McGrath (Clare) &n
- Venue confirmed for AIB All-Ireland Junior Club Championship Preliminary Round October 17, 2017The venue and throw-in time for the AIB All-Ireland Junior Club Championship Preliminary Round has been confirmed as follows: Sunday October 22nd Athleague (Roscommon) v Tara (Britain) Athleague GAA, Co. Roscommon
- Our Goalkeeper All-Stars Nominees October 13, 2017With the Camogie All-Star Awards, sponsored by Liberty Insurance fast approaching we take a closer look at the players who are up for nominations on the night. We start with our three nominations for the goalkeeping position.
- Ryan Sheridan & Ronan Nolan to perform at Camogie All-Stars Awards 2017, sponsored by Liberty Insurance October 13, 2017The Camogie Association are delighted to announce that singer-songwriter duo Ryan Sheridan and Ronan Nolan will perform live at this year's Camogie Association All-Stars Awards, sponsored by Liberty Insurance. The duo
- Development News: Wexford combine initiatives for Fun Day. October 12, 2017Wexford Future Stars join forces in Fun Day Hollymount, St.Ibars was the venue on Saturday 7th October for the joint initiative of Hurl with Me and Camogie4Teens fun day. Three clubs in Wexford (Kilmore, Clonard and Gorey), under th
- Shortlists announced for Camogie Association/WGPA Players’ Player of the Year Awards 2017, sponsored by Liberty Insurance October 9, 2017The shortlists for the third Camogie Association/WGPA Players’ Player of the Year Awards, sponsored by Liberty Insurance have been announced across the three award categories. The Players’ Player of the Year A
- Development News: Mayo Post-Primary Camogie Finals take place! October 6, 2017Mayo Post-Primary Camogie Finals take place! Well done to the all of the girls from Ballyhaunis Community School, Sacred Heart School Westport and St.Joseph's Secondary School Castlebar who competed in the Post-Primary Schools J
- Intermediate Finalists lead Soaring Stars nominations October 6, 2017All-Ireland Intermediate finalists Cork and Meath lead the nominations for this year’s Soaring Stars Awards, sponsored by Liberty Insurance. This year sees a change to the format for the Intermediate and Premier Jun
- Inaugural Camogie All-Stars Tour announced as shortlist for 2017 Senior All-Stars Awards released October 4, 2017The Camogie Association and Liberty Insurance are delighted to announce that the first ever Liberty Insurance Camogie All-Stars Tour will take this year with Madrid being announced as the destination for the inaugural trip.
- REPORT: Meath revolution rolls on as Senior Camogie beckons October 2, 2017By Daragh Ó Conchúir Meath 0-10 Cork 0-7 JOHN DAVIS has worked the oracle once more as Meath made the most of their second bite of the cherry to win the Liberty Insurance All-Ireland Intermediate Cam
- New Cork Senior Hurling Manager To Be Ratified Next Week October 17, 2017The wait to hear who Kieran Kingston’s successor as manager of the Cork hurlers is drawing to a close. The ratification of the new boss was scheduled to take place at a county board meeting tonight but the appointment has been delayed until next Monday. Hot favourite to take the reins on Leeside is John […]Aaron Ward
- Watch: ‘Behind The Gates’ Shows Us An Emotional Side To GAA Players That We Don’t Always See October 17, 2017AIB have released the first episode of the intriguing documentary which they produced this summer where they followed the Roscommon Gaelic football team on their 2017 journey. ‘Behind The Gates’ is a portrayal of Roscommon’s season where they were crowned Connacht champions against the odds, having suffered relegation from Division 1 of the National League […]Aaron Ward
- Pat Gilroy On Diarmuid Connolly’s Chances Of Joining The Dublin Hurlers October 17, 2017Former Dublin football boss Pat Gilroy’s recent appointment as senior hurling manager was a decision that raised a few eyebrows. However, having a boss with the winning mentality that Gilroy possesses from his time with the county’s footballers can only be a good thing for Dublin hurling. However, one issue that has long been associated […]Joel Slattery
- Power Ranking The Teams Still In The Hunt For The Munster Club Hurling Championship October 17, 2017There are just seven teams left in the hunt for the Munster club SHC and we already know will represent three of the five counties competing. Na Piarsaigh were emphatic winners over Kilmallock in the Limerick final, even though they only had five points to spare at the final whistle. Two late goals from the […]Joel Slattery
- Watch: Passage West GAA Latest To Lose Stand To Hurricane Ophelia October 16, 2017Passage West GAA is the latest sports ground to be seriously damaged by Hurricane Ophelia… Hurricane Ophelia is currently tearing up the west coast of Ireland and leaving a lot of destruction in its wake. Earlier today, we reported on the severe damage caused by the storm at Cork City’s Turner’s Cross stadium. However, that was […]John Murphy
- Five Talking Points After A Mammoth GAA Weekend October 15, 2017After an action-packed weekend of county championship action, 17 clubs from all over Ireland are celebrating winning their local titles. There was heartbreak and ecstasy, joy, drama and no little action the county championships come to a conclusion – and the provincial championships commence. And while there is no occasion like an All-Ireland final in Croke Park, […]Joel Slattery
- Report: Offaly Have A New Senior Hurling Manager October 15, 2017Three months after Kevin Ryan left the post of Offaly senior hurling manager, the county board have found his replacement, according to reports coming out of the Midlands county on Sunday night. However, according to Offaly officials, the appointment of former Faithful hurler Kevin Martin is subject to ratification at the next County Committee meeting. […]Joel Slattery
- Nobody Can Believe The Astoundingly Low-Scoring Donegal SFC Final Result October 15, 2017County final season usually brings out everything that is great about the Association. From the colour and the characters to the underdog stories and the star inter-county players achieving success with his friends and family members, it is a wonderful time of year. Today saw 19 counties have their big day in the sun as most […]Joel Slattery
- All The Results From A Hectic Weekend Of County Finals October 15, 2017In the busiest weekend of local finals to date, a massive 19 county titles were down for decision in the last 24 hours. The TG4 televised games were the highest profile clashes with Na Piarsaigh taking hurling honours in Limerick, while St Finbarrs and Nemo will have to do it again to determine the football […]Joel Slattery
- Awesome Na Piarsaigh Cruise To Limerick SHC Glory With Impressive Win Over Kilmallock October 15, 20172016 All-Ireland champions Na Piarsaigh won their second Limerick SHC title in three years after Sunday’s 1-22 to 2-14 victory over Kilmallock. Inspired by county attackers Shane Dowling and Kevin Downes, they earned a spot in the Munster SHC semi-final – where they will play Cork representatives Blackrock on November 5. However, given the nature […]Joel Slattery
- Slaughtneil to appeal McNeill red cardSlaughtneil feel that Paul McNeill's red card on Sunday was down to Kilcoo "play-acting".
- Complacency wasn't an issue for Tipp - MaherBrendan Maher insists that Tipperary's failure to retain the Liam MacCarthy Cup was not down to complacency.
- "A lot of people would argue that I didn't play football at a top level either"New Dublin hurling manager Pat Gilroy says the fact that he didn't hurl at the highest level won't hold him back.
- A hurling book with a differenceBased around the world of hurling, Dermod Judge's novel 'Clash' is certainly not your ordinary, everyday read.
- What the GAA is all aboutThere were moving scenes in Armagh on Sunday after Killeavy won the intermediate football title.
- Magee makes quick return to managementFormer Wicklow manager Johnny Magee will take charge of Louth club St Kevins in 2018.
- Storm claims life of Louth GAA memberFintan Goss, who tragically lost his life during Storm Ophelia yesterday afternoon, was a popular member of St Patricks GFC in Louth.
- Cunningham's incredible exploits in the face of adversityCrohn's Disease sufferer Paddy Cunningham was the toast of Antrim GAA on Sunday night.
- Mullins calls for improvementBrian Mullins says St Vincent's will have to improve if they're to retain the Dublin SFC.
- New Cork boss to be named next weekCork have deferred naming their new senior hurling manager until early next week.