As part of your TY experience, do you want to become involved in your local GAA club and be associated with something positive and successful? As part of your TY program, Clane GAA welcomes volunteers.
Clane GAA in co-operation with Scoil Mhuire Community School is commencing a TY program for 2017 – 2018.
If you wish to participate please complete the application form and send to the Club Children’s Officer.
The Program gives students the knowledge and skills to support all roles required in the effective staging of games. Underage players are challenged to organize and run activities within the club and support coaching of younger players in the schools and club.
- Provision of a TY program that develops sporting skills but also develops planning, team work and leadership qualities.
- Provides an opportunity for the school and Club to forge strong sustainable links with the local Primary schools in the area.
- Training in event management that can be utilised by the school for other programs and for TY work experience: e.g. sports day, awards ceremonies, open days etc.
Learn coaching and leadership skills leading to student personal development
Volunteering opportunities include
- Coaching – support coaching in both local schools and club. Coaching foundation courses and referees courses will be scheduled
- Dermot Earley Youth Leadership program – By application through the Kildare County Board starting Sept 2017
- Club Shop – Manage and run the shop including stock, balancing the till in co-ordination with GAA Bar manager
- Club Café – Friday and Saturday mornings from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Club Grounds – various
GAA Garda Vetting
All underage coaches and coaches 16 or over must be vetted for GAA Activities. E-Vetting available online at GAA Garda Vetting